Monday, August 24, 2009

Yes, We Can Can!

Steve and I are turning into quite the domestic goddesses. Watch out Martha!

This weekend we decided to do some canning. It all started with wanting to do something with the onions we were taking out of the garden.

Really, I got tired of smelling onions on Steve's breath, but don't tell him that.

We bottled Steve's mom's recipe for pickles. We also made Crisp Pickled Green Beans and Traditional English Pickled Onions.

The problem with pickling is that I can't tell you how they turned out for a month or so, but they do look pretty. Well, except the onions. They look like eyes floating in dirty water.

3 comments:

Martha Berge said...

I haven't really canned anything for about 3 or 4 years so your a head of me, but I do wish I had time and space to do pickles and salsa.

Cheri Dawn said...

I'll be your guinea pig for the eyeballs. Blink. Blink.

Julie said...

I would have never have thought to can them like this. I'm curious as to your report in a few months of how they turned out. It's been ages since I did any canning! Good for you!