Monday, January 5, 2009

That All Folks!

Normally I take a picture of the recipes that I make. Steve and I made two different kinds of soup this week. We ate it few different times and the only picture if got of them was the empty bowls. Yum!
Steve and I bought three turkeys during the holidays. We decided to brine the first turkey on New Year's Eve. It made the turkey moist and very flavorful.

My niece, Vanessa, gave me this turkey soup mix when I was visiting. We boiled up the turkey carcass to make some broth. Then we added what we had on hand, turnips, sweet potato, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, thyme and butter beans. With the soup mix, the soup turned out so yummy. Thanks Vanessa!
We also made Tex-Mex Turkey Soup with some of the turkey meat. It has a nice savory favor and a nice change from the usual turkey soup.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, how yummy! I need to show this to Vanessa, she'll be so happy! I'm glad you enjoyed the soup. Looks like it had to be good with those empty bowls, of course.

Cheri Dawn said...

Any leftovers??!

Steve said...

What is this 'leftover' thing you refer to Cheri? At this house? With Nathan?