Thursday, December 1, 2011

Stewing

I'm a little hurt that no one commented on my last post.

Instead of stewing over it, I'll tell you about my new stew recipe.

Slow Cooker Beef Stew.

Steve and I used up stew meat that had been in the freezer for over a year. About time!

He froze the parsnips from our garden. Really what are you supposed to do with parsnips? Make a stew!

His big innovation was sucking out the extra air from the ziplock freezer bag with a straw. I think he might have got a little light headed.

I begrudgingly let Steve put in some parsnips in the stew. Really they weren't bad, until I had a bite with only parsnip in it. Not so good.

The flavor of the stew really was tasty. It was very flavorful today as a leftover lunch.

If anyone wants frozen parsnips, you know where to find some!

1 comment:

Martha Berge said...

LOL, reminds me of watching Vinson take a huge bite of what he thought was mashed potatoes and promptly spitting them back out. Mom was trying to disguise the parsnips in the hopes that someone would eat them, too bad she couldn't disguise the taste.