Sunday, November 20, 2011

Broken Needle

I finished the sample of Candice for the shop, but not before I broke a couple of needles.

I have to admit that I'm hard on my machine, but there are a couple of seams that have a few too many layers. So be careful!

The finished product looks so good. The pattern was great and easy to follow.

The only thing I would change is add an extra 1/2" to the sleeve for the Bag-E-Bottom, so cut it at 5"x12 1/2".

This picture is to illustrate what the "fat" pocket looks like. It just leaves a little extra room in the pocket.

I love the fabrics I chose. They are from Kate Spain's Terrain line. They are just fun and bright.

The bag will be at the shop tomorrow, along with me getting more needles. Stop by and see it!

2 comments:

Martha Berge said...

Very nice!!

Susan Dyer said...

Looks great Nathan! Next time change to a size 90 needle. That helps with those thick spots.