It has been a long while since I've posted anything to the blog, so I think it is about time I did.
I had been posting percentages of the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler blocks that I had done. Well, I stopped making them.
I got to applique, Y-seams and curves and called it quits. I still feel like I got a lot done. Just over 100 blocks.
I used a Glad Creations pattern, Homestead Stars as the pattern for my setting. I used 80 blocks for the quilt top.
I mixed it up a bit by adding a black batik with the jewel tones of the fabrics that I had used for my blocks.
It took some doing but I got scrappy diamonds of the same color to coordinate with the color of a sampler block.
The sampler blocks with lighter background are surrounded by a diamond of the dark batik. They also make a secondary pattern of Ohio Stars around the other diamonds.
My remaining 30 blocks ended up pieced into the back. I think it turned out well too.
I have a quilt date with Judy Remiger for the second half of October, so I'll post a picture of the quilting when I get it back.
It will be a part of the Sylvia's Club quilt show at Glad Creations in January 2012. See you there!