Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sunday Leftovers

I promised to post my progress with cutting out my Mystery Quilt #45 fabric, so we are time travelling back to Sunday.

I finished with the cutting as Cheri and Amy were arriving for our shindig. As per usual, here is the summary of the cutting. We have 466 pieces for the dark fabrics and 170 pieces from the background fabric.

Some of the pieces are big, so I'm guessing there will be me more crosscutting after we start sewing. I can't wait for my session, March 11th and 12.

You will notice my fabric all fits in an Artbin, which I highly recommend. I'll stop there, because my friend Judy has a great posting on Artbins.

As per Cheri's request, here are pictures from our amazing dinner.
We started with Pomegranate Margaritas, which were gone before I took any pictures.

The first picture is of an Amy Miller original salad. She thought of yummy stuff that would taste good with chocolate. She put it all on butter lettuce and shaved chocolate over the top. Yum!

Here is the rice I made. One was Arroz Verde and the other was just rice with onion and peas in it. Now the real treat was Cheri's chicken mole. She worked her magic with a mole mix and made it spectacular.

I think we are going to do more themed potlucks now. I heard talk of cuban for the next one. Can't wait!

No comments: