Sunday, November 15, 2009

I'm Cut Out For This

I'm still sans my sewing machine. Steve told me I should take a break from sewing every now and then.

This past week I didn't do anything, until Friday night.

When you don't have a machine, what do you do? Cut out a future project.

I washed and ironed my fabric for my Amazon Star. Then I started cutting for the quilt.

I'm not sure if you all are familiar with Judy Niemeyer patterns, but she includes instructions and templates for cutting out her quilts.

I knew by looking at the quilt that it would be very involved, but the cutting was proof. Eight pages of cutting instructions. Ten ziploc bags later, I have everything cut and sorted.

I have to admit that the instructions were well written and easy to follow. The next step is to get my machine back and start sewing.

3 comments:

Martha Berge said...

WOW!! This woman has some amazing quilt patterns. I love her use of colors. I can't wait to see the finished product

Cheri Dawn said...

I'm anxious for you to get started on this quilt so I can watch it come together. It's going to be so beautiful,

Julie said...

I can't wait until you get your machine back. I hope you'll enjoy making this when you get it back.