Friday, June 5, 2009

Final Resting Place

I've been in Utah for the last 5 days, and I couldn't help but bring a quilting project with me.

I have had my Merry-Go-Round quilt quilted and the binding on it for at least 4 months. I just needed to do final trimming and stitch down the binding.

The trimming of the batting out from between the points on the uneven edge had me petrified, but I finally got the nerve and cut.

It really wasn't that hard, I just need to start and it was a cinch after that.

My parents have a church pew in their front room as you enter. The vintage fabric really go with the antique look of the pew.

The quilt can be pulled off and used any time the grand kids need a quilt to curl up in.

1 comment:

Julie said...

It looks so great! I love the vintage look and feel of the colors in it as well!