Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Brownie Goodness

I volunteered to bring the treat to quilt group today and baked up a little experiment.

Byerly's makes Killer Brownies, which have something yummy baked into the center. One of my favorites is German Chocolate Brownies.

One of my mom's cookbooks has a recipe for Caramel Brownies. I decided to modify it and bake German Chocolate Cake Frosting in the center instead of caramel.

So here is the recipe I used.

1 German chocolate cake mix
1 Devil's Food cake mix
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 batch of German Chocolate Cake Frosting

In a large bowl, combine the cake mixes, evaporated milk and butter. Stir by hand. Spread 1/2 of the dough in a 9"x13" ungreased pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Spoon the frosting across the top. Crumble the remaining over the frosting and top with chocolate chips. Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.

I served it with vanilla ice cream and carmel topping. It was a hit. I hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

ghetto gardener said...

YUM!! What a great idea, this sounds dangerous...

Martha Berge said...

Thank you for sharing the recipe, sounds yummy!

Susan Dyer said...

1-1/2 cups of butter! No wonder they were so good.