Saturday, October 17, 2009

30's Adventure

I'm signed up for Mystery Weekend #44 at Glad Creations.

I'm so excited I wish I was headed there tomorrow. I've decided to select from my stash. I pull out 24 fat quarters of 30's reproduction fabrics to use for my dark fabrics. They are somewhat color coordinated. Red, pink, blue, green and yellow.

I ran into a little bit of a hitch. I'm supposed to also have 12 light fabrics to use as well. I looked around and couldn't find enough fabrics that paired well with the 30's fabrics.

I ended up deciding to be a guinea pig and test out how the quilt will work with only one light fabric. I'm using a white fabric with a small blue print on it. I think it looks great with the dark fabrics.

I love the little kit I put together for myself. Three weeks from today I will be finished with the weekend. The excitement is killing me.

4 comments:

sjohns said...

Great fun, Nathan! Don't I know what you mean about the building excitement! I, too, have my fabrics chosen, prewashed, and all cut and ready to go. I'm doing black and white... with a bit of dark red
Can't wait to spend these fun two days with you and the rest of the mystery folks!

Julie said...

It sounds wonderful! I'm glad you're being a guinea pig. I look forward to seeing the results.

Tricia said...

Nathan you're so nice! Are these the fabrics that I said looked "like they're from the 50's or something"? You said, "mm hmm."

Erin said...

I had a blast last weekend, and there was a woman there who was just using white for her background... I think that it will look great with just one light fabric too. Can't wait to see how yours turns out... I'm hoping to make some more progress on mine tonight during Monday Night Football. :-)