Sunday, August 3, 2008

Quilting, The New Olympic Event

In honor of the upcoming Olympics, I am going to tell you about my race to the finish. I have scheduled a quilting appointment with my quilter, Carol Brown, for Sept 8. You may not have noticed, but trust me I have, it is already Aug. 3. I plan to devote my blog to the countdown to the quilting.

I'm making the Glad Creation's Quilts pattern "Twice As Nice". Here is a link to the pattern. http://gladcreationsquilts.com/patterns/twicenice.htm. I'm using the fabric from another quilt kit from the shop for the quilt. Here is a link for the fabric. http://gladcreationsquilts.com/kit/fourpatchfuntrad.htm. The color base for the quilt is red, green, brown and black.

At this point, I still need to cut out the background fabric for the star blocks. I need to sew all the 3" squares together. The quilt uses A four-patch blocks, with the background on the diagonal going down; and B blocks with dark fabric on the diagonal going down on the blocks. I've made all the four patch blocks for the entire quilt, and sewn the B blocks together to make half of the checkerboard sections.

Here is a picture of my table with all the pieces on it. I'm going to update the picture as I make progress. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Martha Berge said...

I can't wait to see the finished quilt. I hope you post a picture.
Love, Martha