Monday, July 20, 2009

Summer Boats

I'm sure anyone with squash plants now have them coming out their ears. Steve and I seem to be pulling off two or three every couple of days.

I might have to start pulling off the blossoms before they can mature.

Steve and I have been looking for recipes to use them up and we found this one that we thought was good. Zucchini Boats on the Grill.

One major modification we made was that we used summer squash and Steve had me leave out the olives. In the future we would put in more bacon and cheese.

Now to find more recipes for the rest of the squash.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Looks so yummy!
Our squash is doing alright but I don't have something to pick every couple of days yet - pretty close though.
Also, I saw on Iron Chef America when they battled zucchini that they actually used the squash blossoms to stuff them for a very gourmet delectable dish. Very interesting, I thought.