Sunday, May 31, 2009

In the Company of Quilters

I've learned this weekend that if you want to get inspired, have a Sew-In. And if you want to get frustrated, then do some paper piecing.

I invited all my friends from Glad Creations to sew for Saturday and Sunday. The food is great and everyone is sewing up a storm.

I've never seen so many fun projects.

I also finished my version of "Don't be Cruel" quilt. I added the borders the weekend. As you can tell I didn't go with my original pics for the borders.

I went with a 1" solid batik brown for the inner border and a 4 1/2" strip for the same line as the inside.

I also pieced together the back for the quilt. It is so fun with the birds and flowers.

It will end up on that couch too, once it is quilted. It won't be sprawled out quite so much, right Steve?

Someday I'll give the paper piecing another go.

1 comment:

Julie said...

It's interesting because with me paper piecing is less frustrating than sewing. Most likely because I love paper!
In the end, your result is so beautiful and the quilt looks gorgeous in the room's light in the picture. That's a great room!