Tuesday, May 12, 2009

2 for 1

As you can see I've been bad and bought a new project. I'm going to be making Weather Vane, a Glad Creations pattern.

I was in Elk River, picking up Steve's truck. I just had to stop at a quilt shop. As luck would have it, Cottage Quilts was having an anniversary sale.

I found fabric I just couldn't pass up. Plus I took the fabrics in to Glad's and found other fabrics to go with it.

This was in April, so it has taken me a month to admit to it. The one bright point to this tale is that I am using background fabric I had in my stash.

Okay, I know that one of my last posts I talked about a fabric diet and I've already bought fabric, but I think I may have found a diet that I might stick to.

Here it is. I can buy new projects, but I can't work on them right away. For each new project, I need to complete two projects that I've had for more than a year, before I can start on the new one.

I think this might work, because I can buy new projects if I really feel like I need to, but I will also be completing older projects that I have lost interest in.

I'll keep you posted on my 2 for 1 fabric diet.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love the green, brown and blue color scheme. Pretty fabric!
Best of Luck on your 2 for 1 project idea!
Although, I can relate how you feel only with inks & stamps which is my buying passion.